How much time and effort do you think it will take to build a website for your small business? Comparing the top website builders is our job, and we’re here to assist!
The cost of hiring a web developer might be prohibitive. Seeking the time to learn how to operate a whole website, mainly if it entails coding, is a huge burden at the same time.
Thanks to website creation tools, making a website for your small business has never been easier.
Small business website advantages
Businesses may expand their consumer base from the local to the worldwide market. Many people go online to investigate the brand. Research the brand online if a buyer plans to visit the store in person.
Customers are more likely to convert when a company’s website is mobile-friendly. Since more and more people choose to shop online, even if your business has a physical presence, it’s a good idea to have a website.
Can I create a business website for free?
Creating a professional-looking company website with a free website builder might be a challenge.
Plus, many “free” website developers aren’t free when you investigate deeper. When small companies use a free website platform, this typically means:
- Domain names cannot be used.
- Ads that appear on your website are beyond your control.
- Templates and add-ons may cost you money.
- No one can stop you from making changes to your site.
- To be forced to pay for items that you didn’t anticipate.
Top business website builder software
- Wix: the most excellent platform for creating accessible websites
With Wix, you can design a professional-looking website if you know how to use PowerPoint, and I couldn’t agree more with this user remark. For e-commerce or a robust website with optimal speed, it’s not the best choice, but it’s great for designers and photographers.
- Its user-friendliness puts it ahead of the majority of website builders.
- There are few better constructors for dragging and dropping.
- There’s no need to know how to code or anything like that.
- The cost of e-commerce alternatives is a little high.
- The URLs for free sites are lengthy and bothersome.
- Hubspot website builder- best for marketing automation
As a website builder, HubSpot’s Website Builder includes marketing automation and CRM features. With responsive design, your site can adapt to the needs of each user, regardless of the device they’re using.
- The HubSpot website builder’s CRM connection is one of its most outstanding features. This allows you to build a unique experience for each visitor based on their previous interactions with your brand.
- One platform houses all of the material. So, you don’t have to go from place to place to get things to function.
- Using WordPress.org as a platform for a company website or an online store may be preferable. HubSpot is a little easier to use.
- Beginners may be intimidated by the additional features. Consider your marketing automation needs before purchasing.
- Websitesimple.io: most acceptable option for small and new enterprises
You can create and manage your website in one spot, connect with your customers and grow the business you’ve always dreamed of. In addition to a website, e-commerce, funnel, and subscription-based capabilities are accessible.
- Bring your concept to life with an eye-catching presentation.
- For large corporations, there aren’t many options for customisation.
- Godaddy website builder: best for creating simple sites
In terms of domain name registration and hosting, GoDaddy is one of the most famous. For a small business, you may use GoDaddy Website Builder to construct a website that includes GoDaddy hosting.
- You don’t need any technical expertise to use GoDaddy’s Website Builder. Using the drag-and-and-drop editor, you may easily change one of their pre-made themes.
- Forms, videos, and social network connections can all be included. SEO and email marketing are only two of the many built-in features.
- There are fewer options available with GoDaddy Website Builder compared to other business website builders.
- It’s also not ideal for websites with a lot of material. For a primary site with only a few pages, this is preferable.
- Weebly: great pricing for eCommerce
We observed that Weebly is highly user-friendly and offers excellent e-commerce pricing in our tests. The app shop, free stock pictures, and the opportunity to build member-only pages are also included.
- The dashboard is easy to use.
- Option to use drag and drop
- Features that aren’t widely available
- There is a lack of backup options.
- Photographic and image-editing issues
Shopify is an e-commerce platform for building online stores and company websites on the internet. You don’t need any coding skills to use this hosted service. Free multi-channel integration is available via this service.
- Potent e-commerce tools
- Excellent more built-in as well as third-party options are available
- Apps from a wide range of developers
- Expensive, to say the least
- Design possibilities are limited
Best for pixel-perfect website designs for any sort of business.
Zyro is a website builder with extensive features. It produces a webpage that loads in a flash.
- With the use of templates, users may enjoy a better experience.
- AI-powered marketing tools
- e-commerce programmes that don’t charge a fee
- The cheapest package requires a four-year commitment.
- Switching templates is not possible after the website is operational.
- Not as strong as Wix’s marketing capabilities
- Gator website builder: best affordable website builder
Create an essential website in a few clicks with Gator Website Builder. This is also one of the most affordable and high-quality website builders today.
- This app is user-friendly
- Features of a high-value business
- Constraints in the design process
- Bigcommerce – best for growing businesses
BigCommerce is the following website builder on our list of the best for small businesses.
BigCommerce focuses on e-commerce, just as Shopify. This platform allows small-business owners and merchants to create websites without knowing the code.
- Strong e-business capabilities
- The UI is simple to use.
- Theme options are limited.
- Negative feedback from customers
- Wordpress.com – best for complete control
WordPress.com is commonly mistaken with WordPress.org because of its similarity in name.
Between the two, the most significant distinction is in who is in charge of hosting the event.
It’s easier to start with WordPress.com, but you must host your site yourself with WordPress.org.
- Smart tagging and content management features are included in the package.
- An easy-to-navigate interface with drag-and-drop capabilities
- A free plan is available.
- Possible conflicts between plugins
- Because of its flexibility, WordPress can be easily broken. If you don’t know what you’re doing, it’s easy to break your site.
How much does a small business website cost?
For small businesses, website builders typically cost between $12 and $30 a month. According to the hosting type, the price ranges from $15 to $240 for a hosting platform that doesn’t include a solution (shared hosting, VPS hosting, dedicated hosting, etc.)
Small companies may quickly and affordably establish an online presence with website builders. The finest website systems for small businesses are Squarespace, Strikingly, Wix, GoDaddy, and WordPress. Overall, Squarespace and Strikingly are the most acceptable options, Wix is simple to use, and WordPress provides you complete flexibility.
Rajalekshmy KR, SEO Content Specialist working in NeoITO– a reliable web development company in USA. She always seeks feedback from tech founders, product owners, and business strategists to write about subjects valuable to her readers.