Jharkhand Public Service Commission formulates the JPSC Syllabus for the Combined Civil Service Exam. The Constitution empowers the commission to assist the Jharkhand State Government in questions of recruitment, transfer, and disciplinary action.
The syllabus of JPSC for the Jharkhand Combined Civil Service Examination prelims and mains is available at jpsc.gov.in. Candidates preparing for the test must try BYJU’S Exam Prep to improve their chances of selection.
We have included all of the topics here to help you with your studies. JPSC syllabus is divided into two parts: preliminary and mains. The JPSC Prelims Syllabus covers General Studies 1 and 2, whereas the JPSC Mains Syllabus covers language, literature, history, geography, constitution, and so forth.
The stages are as follows:
- JPSC Syllabus for Prelims
- JPSC Main Syllabus
JPSC 2022 Syllabus: Syllabus for prelims
- Indian History
- Indian Geography
- Indian Polity and Governance:
- Economic and Sustainable development
- Technology and Science
- A question related to Jharkhand
- National and international current events
- Questions of a general and varied nature
Some major points related to the JPSC Syllabus for prelims:
- Candidates must focus on the state of Jharkhand’s economic, political, and social growth in the history part.
- Candidates must focus on comprehending Jharkhand’s geography in the geography portion.
- No points will be deducted for a failed attempt.
- Both of these articles will be objective in nature.
JPSC 2022 Mains Syllabus
The JPSC Mains Syllabus contains no optional papers.The JPSC Syllabus for Mains is mentioned below.
Paper 1: General Hindi and General English
Paper 1 is qualifying in nature; each applicant must receive at least 30 marks out of a total of 100 points. According to the JPSC test format, Mains Paper 1 will consist of two sections:
Both of these papers will be given the same weightage (50 marks each). This exam is used to assess a candidate’s ability to communicate in more than two languages.
Paper 2: Language and Literature
Candidates preparing for this paper will have to choose from the following languages and literature:
Santhali, English, Oriya, Bengali, Urdu, Sanskrit, Hindi, Mundari, Kurux, Kurmali, Khortha, Panchpargania, Nagpuri, Khadia, or Ho language
Paper 3: Social Sciences, History, and Geography
The exam pattern for JPSC Mains Paper 3 is divided into two sections.
- Indian History
- Indian Geography
The following syllabus appears in the history section:
- Ancient period
- Jharkhand history
- The Medieval Period
- Modern Period
The following syllabus appears in the geography section:
- Physical Geography
- India’s Physical and Human Geography
- Natural Resources of India
- Jharkhand Geography and Resource Utilization
- Industrial and Urban Development
- urban settlement and pollution problems.
Paper 4: Indian Constitution, Public Administration, Polity, and Good Governance
Two sections addressed in this paper include:
- Public administration and good governance
- The Indian Constitution and Polity
Paper 5: Indian Economy, Sustainable Development, and Globalisation
Questions in this field will be posed on themes such as the Indian economy, globalisation, and so on. The following topics are covered in the JPSC Paper Five Mains Syllabus:
Basic Features of the Indian Economy:
- National Income
- Demographic features
- Agriculture and the rural economy
- industrial economy
- Public finance
- Public expenditure
- Fiscal policy
- The Indian monetary system and its structure
- Indian Trade, Balance of Payment
- Sustainable Development and Economic Issues India’s Development Strategy
Economic development, its meaning, and measurement:
- Foreign capital is important, as is the impact of technology on the Indian economy’s growth.
- Sustainable development
- Development status, issues affecting socially and economically underprivileged groups
- Poverty and unemployment
- Food and nutritional security
- Economic reforms taken
- nature, as well as its impact on the Indian economy
New economic reforms:
- Financial and banking industry reforms
- Globalisation of the Indian economy
- Agriculture sector
- Industrialisation and economic reforms in India
- Jharkhand’s economy — its characteristics, difficulties, challenges, and important strategies
Paper 6: Environment, General Sciences, and Technology Development
The following subjects from the five parts will be covered in the exam:
- Physical Science
- Life Science
- Agriculture Science
- Environmental Science
- Science and Technology Development
BYJU’S Exam Prep is here to help all the dedicated aspirants clear every competitive examination. Follow us and stay updated with all the current events, news, and strategies to prepare for the exams.