What do you mean by Notepad?
A notepad is an important tool of the Windows operating system which has multiple uses. It is a good text editing tool. In today’s time, you will also get a notepad on your mobile phone which allows you to do many tasks such as making a list of all the valuable things, a do-to list, writing poetry, and typing messages. It’s easy to use, you can conveniently use it for your work. It also allows you to type all the important documents in English. If you want you can create a web page, CSS, HTML, and PHP file.
Elements of notepad window
All the elements you can see in the notepad window.
- Title bar- it will be seen at the top of the window. By default, it will show, an untitled document.
- A menu bar is another important element you will see in the notepad window. It is below the title bar. Here you will see all the commands related to that particular menu. In this format menu will offer you two choices, one is to turn word wrap on and off. According to this, when you press enter, you will move to the next line. So, whenever you reach the margin in the notepad, press enters for writing text in the next line.
- Program window control is another element you will see in notepad. It is on the right side of the title bar which includes the cut, minimize, restore and maximize buttons. All these buttons are used to enlarge, minimize and maximize the notepad screen.
- Text area- in this entire empty area print text.
benefits of notepad
There are multiple benefits of using a notepad on your electronic device, let’s see them one by one.
- It can be used as a digital diary. A diary which will keep you up-to-date regarding all the things you will write in it. Every time you type text in the notepad, you are allowed to add the date and time below the text.
- It also allows you to convert all the text files into audio files. You can change any text.
- It also allows you to create WiFi hotspots. It is amazing to create a hotspot with the help of a notepad.
- A notepad is a writing tool that allows you to write scripts. You can create useful scripts. You can execute these scripts with a simple click.
- You can break your written text to create an impressive text design.
- It allows you to quickly write things. We all want an app in which we can quickly write things. Notepad is good for writing. You don’t need to wait for fancy features to load in. So, whenever inspiration sparks, you can immediately write your thoughts in it.
- It allows you to save your notes the way you want them, you will have full control of the notepad for writing.
- Your notes will be secure, you will get full security. With cloud-synchronization, your notes will be safe and no one can get access to them.
- You can create any type of file. It also allows you to save, and copy them whenever you want.
- You can also use it to make simple edits. The edit menu in the notepad offers you many choices, you can select your preferred one. Undo and redo text can also be done in the notepad.
- You can also replace and search text in the notepad. Find Next, Find, and replace buttons are used for searching and replacing text in notepad. You can use the Go to the button for navigating the text. If you want to find only a single word, then select either the find option or replace option depending on your requirements. After you click on the find or replace option, it will open a box, in which you can type the word you are looking for. For replacing the word, click on replace with. Either way, both of them have a few of the same options. If you want to search and find text in the whole document, then you can select wrap around to search and replace all the documents. After clicking on the finding options, notepad will automatically search, you don’t need to do anything. For jumping specific lines in the text, you can go for the Go to options. But, do remember that the Go to option will only work when the wrap-around is not turned on.
- It also allows you to view the entire line without scrolling, all you need to do is to press word wrap. It will work similarly to other word processing programs, and automatically wrap the entire line, so that you can see what you are writing.
- Another great advantage of using a notepad is it allows you to zoom in and zoom out the text. This feature will allow you to increase or decrease the size of the text so that you can easily view the screen. For this click on the view menu, then tap on zoom in and zoom out to view the screen. For going to the same size, click on restore default zoom.
- Notepad also allows you to change the font of the written text. You can change the font style to the style you have installed in your notepad. It can be italic, bold, Arabian, or any style which you prefer. But, it doesn’t allow you to have one part of your document in one style and another part in a different style, it will be all or nothing. Your desired font will be applied to all the text.
- You can also save files with a different encoding. By using the save as option, you will change the encoding of your document. Choose the appropriate encoding from the given drop-down list.
- If you are looking for a platform that not only allows you to write text but also allows you to save your documents in HTML format, then use this notepad to create HTML files and documents. Don’t forget to turn on word wrap. Now, start typing the HTML coding just like you type plain text. After typing, save the document by clicking on save as, and name them with .htm or .html extension.